Quote of the Day

5/25/07--Jack Sparrow: Ladies! Will you please shut it? Listen to me. Yes, I lied to you. No, I don't love you. Of course it makes you look fat. I've never been to Brussels. It is pronounced "egregious". By the way, no, I've never met Pizzaro but I love his pies. And all of this pales to utter insignificance in light of the fact that my ship is once again gone. Savvy?

Favorite Movies at the Moment

  • PotC: At World's End
  • PotC: Dead Man's Chest
  • Young Frankenstein
  • Van Helsing
  • The Princess Bride
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • The Three Musketeers
  • PotC: Curse of the Black Pearl

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Science Olympiad

Yesterday, I went to the regional high school Science Olympiad competition in Athens, Tennessee. My school competed against 4 others schools for the right to go to the State competition. Normally, we attend the competition at Chatt State but due to scheduling problems we went to Athens instead as did our brother school. My school and our brother school placed 1, 2 (we were 1st) and therefore our teams get to go to State. I extend an apology to Farragut and Bearden who would have gone to the State competition had we not attended the Athens competition. I received a third place along with my teamate M. Deem in Remote Sensing, an event in which Martian terrain was examined and analyzed. It was a wonderful fun experience and I cannot wait until State.

No comments: