Quote of the Day

5/25/07--Jack Sparrow: Ladies! Will you please shut it? Listen to me. Yes, I lied to you. No, I don't love you. Of course it makes you look fat. I've never been to Brussels. It is pronounced "egregious". By the way, no, I've never met Pizzaro but I love his pies. And all of this pales to utter insignificance in light of the fact that my ship is once again gone. Savvy?

Favorite Movies at the Moment

  • PotC: At World's End
  • PotC: Dead Man's Chest
  • Young Frankenstein
  • Van Helsing
  • The Princess Bride
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • The Three Musketeers
  • PotC: Curse of the Black Pearl

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Self Defense

I attend a private all girls school. Every year around Valentine's Day we have a mid-quarter break called Winterim. We can sign up for various opportunities, travel, community service, classes, etc. In prior years I have done a community service option to help out for college, but this year I took the self defense class that was offered. It was held at school, and is part of the RAD (Rape Aggression Defense) program offered all over the United States. Normally the program is about 12-15 hours, but to fit into the short break, it was shorted into 8 hours. The first two hours was a very big informative repetitive drag, but then it got real fun. I am now an expert (okay not an expert, but don't try to rape me in a dark alley, or anywhere else for that matter) on self defense. Three different kicks, a knee strike, hammer fist, fist strike, blocks and parries, plus a different way to get out of every choke, hug, or grab. So, basically, I'm giving a shout out to the excellence of that program. As for other opportunities for Winterim, there were trips to Colorado, Disney World, Savannah (GA), and dozens of local community service opportunities. Okay, now I'm going to bed. 'Night sunshines.

No comments: